Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter 2011









Easter Morning...

Easter morning was wonderful this year.

I started a new tradition that I got from a fellow mommy blogger, and tied yarn to each of their baskets. It started at their beds and led them all over the main floor and basement to their basket of fun.

I loved putting together their baskets this year. I tried to think beyond the chocolate bunnies and other Easter goodies. I thought about each of their lives and what would be fun to receive.

A.J. had spent the whole week completely focused on the Savior and his sacrifice for us, so I thought a book on the Savior would capitalize on everything he had studied throughout the week.

Each one of them have different things going on in their lives that are strengths and trials, so I wanted Easter to be one of those days where they could remember the Savior and his sacrifice for each one of us.

I am grateful for a wonderful opportunity to prepare a fun day for them. The boys spent the morning before church watching, "Forever Strong," which proved to be a perfect movie to put them in a great mood to catch the Spirit of Easter during sacrament meeting and throughout the day.

I am truly grateful for my testimony of the Savior. I don't need to study every detail of his Crucifixion to know that his sacrifice for each of us was more than we could ever comprehend. I hope and pray that I can be the kind of mother that He would have me be.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: