Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ist Day of School 2011

The first day of school always brings such mixed feelings for me.

By the end of summer, I long for the balance having a schedule brings to our family and home.

I am excited for the kids to make new friends and reconnect with old ones.

I look forward to the "dream list" of projects I am going to try and attempt in those precious hours with just little ones.

To say that I love Fall, football, holidays and snow, is a gross understatement, because I dream of crisp Fall days, watching the boys play football and taking breezy walks with the girls.

However...

I miss my kids when they enter back into the school scene.

I long to hear them swimming, splashing and screaming in the backyard.

I miss having lunch with them, watching them bound with each other, and staying up late.

I miss everything.

Even the things that I wish away like bickering, boredom and bad days.

It means that another year is just going to fly by, and before I know it they are all a year older.

This year I am going to try harder than ever to really hold on to each moment!

Here we go...





2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Madie is NOT a freshman....I can't believe it! That little baby I took care of is going into 2nd grade? Not possible. They are all beautiful

deeder6 said...

Your kids are so beautiful! We still have almost two weeks until school starts and I don't want it to come. I know what you mean about treasuring each moment! I have a junior and sophomore this year and absolutely no one in elementary for two years! It's crazy! Miss you!