Sunday, December 11, 2011

Letting it go...



Take a minute and watch this balloon release


I know that it is Christmastime, and I have lovely Christmas posts to put up of an amazing ward Chrismas party, the kids making goodies (seriously fun and a major project), Christmas tree decorating of our very uneven real tree, and lots of recitals, ball games and Tymber happenings...

But today...

I am letting it go.

I haven't been sleeping for weeks.

I haven't exercised for weeks.

I haven't felt really happy for weeks.

There have been some things on my mind that have allowed me to feel like I have a shoe pressed against my heart all day long.

I have made efforts to make it go away.

I have prayed for it to go away.

I have reasoned in my mind how the other person might be thinking what they are thinking.

I have been hurting.

But today...

I AM LETTING IT GO!

Just like the above photos, there is more than one way to deal with things that happen to us.

The hot air balloon is filled with hot air that allows this powerful and majestic thing to rise high into the air and take its' passenger on a beautiful adventure.

You can see things from a different perspective.

You can experience the wind in your face.

You can experience the view of a lifetime.

You can feel like you are in control and on top of the world.

But...

Eventually, the fuel runs out and you have to return to earth.

Back to the ground.

Back to viewing that balloon laying flat right next to you on the cold ground.

The view isn't there anymore.

The experience is over.

You may have been changed from taking that ride, but you are still left with the things that weighed you down before.

In contrast...

We have the balloon release...

Thousands of balloons being released.

People cheering together.

Each balloon carrying something.

Maybe a symbol of a hope.

Maybe feelings of a celebration.

Maybe the beginnings of a dream.

But, for me, today, watching these balloons floating away, is saying goodbye to painful things and having hope for full happiness again.



About four months after having one of these precious things...I sometimes have a hard time.

I think it is the summer baby thing for me.

I have had four sweet girls born in the summer, and four months later is the heart of the hustle and bustle of the season.

There are so many things to get done.

There is the perfect Christmas photo to take.

The choice card to place that family picture in to send to many who don't see us all year long.

There are goodies to bake, recitals to sit through, and decorations to deck the halls.

It is a busy time.

But, it is a fun time.

A time for memories, a time to spend with our family, a time for reflecting on Christ and everything he means to us.

Well, today, as I "release" my balloons, I will look to him.

I will allow him to heal me.

I will not carry around that hot air anymore.

I will not be sad anymore.



I already feel more like myself. :)