Friday, February 24, 2012

"While mommy plays"

While I am desperately trying to accomplish a long overdue goal of playing the piano, this is what my two little girls do each day under my feet.

They roll around laughing and smiling under the enormous "sound machine" that occasionally produces a string of notes that sound familiar and fun.

Tymber and Annie are definitely sisters.

The way they interact and create this little moment that is just between them is like witnessing a small miracle.

A young child of three and a baby of only seven short months, communicating by smiling and touching.

It is truly amazing.

At first I thought I would squeeze in practice here and there when the little ones were busy playing, but now I have found that I have to set a timer, because they are happy as can be curled up under the piano listening away.

My dreams for them are that they will enjoy playing their whole lives, because they learned how to play as small girls, but if their lives turn out like mine, and they are trying to perfect a half-talent as a goal before turning 40, they couldn't be any more blessed than me with these two amazing miracle babies under my feet.



No comments: