Friday, March 15, 2013

The Foot Book with the girls' favorite person...Daddy!

I love the little moments.

It's the little moments that we tend to forget, but sometimes leave the biggest impression on who we are when they are all seamed together in one wonderful life.

This was one of those moments for me.

I have been working really hard on cleaning out closets, bathrooms, desks, and dressers in all the girls' rooms upstairs.

I was showing John how hard we have been working, and showing him our laser-like precision in getting rid of clutter and teaching the girls to share what we have been blessed with, and this is the scene that was my favorite of the whole room tour.

I felt a little like Martha in Luke 10:40-42, "But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone?  bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

John chose that part.

The part where you stop looking around for what needs to be done, and you do what needs to be done...time with little girls.

I just stood in the doorway and watched.

I witnessed them come to the room, one by one, following the voice of their dad.

I knew I didn't want to forget this moment.

There will many more times where dad reads to them, and introduces them to Dr. Seuss, Judy Blume, and Tolstoy, but this was a sweet reminder to me.

A reminder that I was doing something good, but sometimes I need to chose "that good part."

The part where the girls are snuggled in their beds listening to Anne of Green Gables. 

The part where I never turn Easton down when he asks me to tuck him in.

The part where A.J. just wants to stand in the kitchen and tell me story after story of his day.

The part where I glance at John at the dinner table and mouth the words, "I love you."

The part where I am Madie's shoulder to lean on, and her cheerleader in every endeavor.

Life is good.  Oh so good!

I am a blessed mama!







No comments: