Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference Weekend

Fall always brings with it wonderful childhood memories, an opportunity to really take in the beauty in nature, the excitement of the football season, the challenge of school, the beginning to a wonderful holiday season and the opportunity to listen to General Conference. Conference is always a chance to evaluate where we are and celebrate those things we are doing well and work on those things that need improvement. I love our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and who he is. As he was speaking on Sunday morning I loved how he made me feel. He talked about the important things in life. He said, "that love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring happiness are when we experience heaven on earth." He also said, "We need to fill our days with those things that matter most!" and "Find joy in the journey!" What more can we ask for from our Prophet than for him to tell us to do the important things and be happy? I am grateful for what I know. I know that happiness comes when we do the things that matter most.
Speaking of capturing those "moments." Here are the Day 1 and Week 1 pics of little Annie.
DAY 1
Week 1-Looks like we are tiring her out fighting over her!


Ellie showing off her "makeup break" between Conference broadcasts on Sunday!

Annie waking up wondering why no one was carrying her around yet!

President Thomas S. Monson shared his testimony in his biography between Sunday sessions. I loved what he chose to say. I kept rewinding it until I got exactly what he said verbatim. "The sweetest experience that I know in life is to feel a prompting and act upon it. And later find out that it was the fulfillment of someone's prayer or someone's need. And I always want the Lord to know that if he needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for him. I am so grateful for his example and that's who we serve. This is the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. I honor that name. I honor this church. The work is true and I testify of that from the depths of my soul. And will say, May God Bless Us, Every One!!"

May all of you have a wonderful week and pray for those opportunities to "run the Lord's errands." I am going to increase my desire to do that for him. May he trust me with more opportunities to serve. To have the blessing of knowing that it was an answer to "someone's prayer or someone's need." Have a great week!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

It's so fun to read your blog. It makes me feel like I'm still there in Parker and I'm going to see you on Sunday! It's late tonight but I'm going to call you tomorrow! Love ya,
Adrienne