Saturday, December 27, 2008

Girls, girls, girls.

THIS IS PART I of my CHRISTMAS CATCHUP!

Girls, girls, girls.

When I was younger, I dreamed of having a house full of boys.

You see... I love boys. I understand boys. I have no style, like most boys. I love football more than clothes.

Now my sisters...they have GREAT style. They were born "girly girls." They can make anything look pretty.

They have more creative talent in one finger, than I have in my whole being on my best day!

So, one of my sisters bore three boys before her two precious girls came to grace their home.

And I am certain that my other sister, who wed this past July, has a line full of boys waiting to join her here.

This all leads into what I discovered down in my basement several days ago...

BROOKE

AND ELLIE (in costume)

These two adorable girls dancing up a storm!
*
It was so cute! Even I sat down and enjoyed the show!
*
There was great music, beautifully creative "moves", and lots of dramatic turns and poses!

Look at that foot positioning!
*
I am no dance instructor, but even I can see genius in that move!

This is where Ellie enlisted Brooke's help to literally twirl around, toes pointed and all!




The performance was spectacular!
*
The grace...perfect!
*
I was humbled to be the mother of these two little girls that night!
*
I will forever be grateful for Madison, Brooke, Ellie and Annie!
*
Good thing Heavenly Father knew that girls would bless my life as much as those little boys I dreamed of so many years ago.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Girls are such a blessing and so much fun. Jane desperately wishes she had a sister. Unfortunately, in our home we will only girl drama from one drama queen. Good luck with the bathroom sharing.

Familia Peña said...

You just never know. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like with a girl, but like you, I am a boys Mom. I think for me growing up with all those boys is what did me in. I do have fun with my nieces, though, but with the nieces that I have, both on my side and my husbands side, there is WAY to much drama for us. I am ecstatic with my boys. We would have made room and loved a girl just as much, but I think Heavenly Father knew what he was doing!

Love ya
Darci