Saturday, November 14, 2009

A.J. is 14!

Cecil Family_4261 I love this boy!

I loved him the first moment I saw him, 14 years ago today.

This morning we were telling him about the day he was born and what his dad’s first words were.

The first thing John said was, “Can we have another?”

At the time, after 19 hours of labor, I responded, “Can we wait a little bit?”

Now it is thousands of days later, and I agree with John in those first moments, “Can we have another?”

Another one like A.J. would be a blessing to any home.

A.J.~It is your day, so I would like to tell you 14 things that I love about you…

~I love your smile.

~I love how when you apply yourself to anything, you succeed!

~I love how you volunteered to come first…to set that example for your younger siblings.

~I love how you know what you should do, and for the most part, do the right thing.

~I love how you adore your baby sister, Annie.  The way your eyes light up every time the two of you see each other, is truly priceless.

~I love how you embraced going to junior high school.  So sure of yourself and ready to conquer whatever came your way.

~I love how you know what you love.  Whether it is football or food, you know what you like.

~I love how you have a love for sweets.  You sniff out any goodies that are in hiding and make short work of them.

~I love your sense of style.  You can put any outfit together and pull it off.  (My last favorite was the tie around your head as you headed off to school.  Silly boy!)

~I love how teachable you are.  I love those moments we have where I am able to teach you what I know, and you apply that to your life.

~I love your habit of prayer.  What a blessing in your life to know who you are, and that your Father in Heaven is listening.

~I  love your testimony of Joseph Smith.  I know you can visualize him in that grove and you believe in what he saw and heard.

~I love your sense of humor.  You can make me laugh everyday!

~I love, maybe most of all, how you trust me.  You trust me as your mother and your friend.  For that, I will forever be grateful!

May you continue to grow both physically and spiritually and enjoy all life has to offer.

Happy Birthday A.J.!

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday A.J.! I can't believe he's 14 already, it's amazing how quickly they grow up. Laura, you have such a special family, how wonderful that you have A.J. to set a great example to all of your precious children! He is such a blessing and a joy, I enjoyed having him in primary class years ago!

Out of curiosity, how did you come across the Brown Paper Packages website?

deeder6 said...

I remember that day when he was born too! Such a sweet little boy! It's crazy how much has changed since then and it still feels almost like yesterday! Happy Birthday AJ! Congratulations mom on such an amazing son.