Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nursery secrets

DSC_0767

Look what Annie “stole” in nursery!

Shhh, it’s a secret.  Sorry Camille, but Annie just wanted to see how cool that “mouth” thing is!

First of all, I have to tell anyone who wants to know, that I love nursery!

I love the little ones, I love the sweet woman I serve with, and I LOVE teaching them.

Nursery is a place where you can literally feel your testimony weaken or it is a place where you can find it again.

For me…a wonderful finding.

This is a place where no one judges me.  No one thinks I should be doing more.  No one complains about the food.  No one criticizes the lesson.  Just love.

Ok, we do have one little one who associates me with a “monster.”

However, he does ask to come back each week, so I am going to think positive and just think that he means the “cookie monster” who counts out cookies to him each week.

There is also a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, as we pack up each Sunday, where you are happy that everyone came out injury free and smiling.

I remember giving a talk in California the second week we lived there on callings in the church.

There was this beautiful story that I am sure has been told dozens of times, about thinking of your bishop as the Lord asking you to accept a call to serve. 

Who would turn down the Savior?

None of us would.

I remember saying in that talk that the best people in the church should serve in the nursery. (Of course saying that because I had two in the nursery at the time.)

But today I am grateful to be there.

I love their faces.

Just think of the amazing people they will someday be!

It really is the first place the Savior would peak his head in on Sunday, because sometimes Ward Council is just all business and no play!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

So sweet! I bet you are so awesome in there and the kids just love you! But then again, you are awesome and perfect in any calling you serve in! I do have to admit though, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that calling at the moment - I think I'm already a nursery leader every day of the week - Sunday is my day off, for 3 hours at least. :)

Adrienne said...

I'm would love to have my kids in nursery with you! And I would have to be there too. I loved when I served in nursery, best calling ever!