Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sick days



This is the little one I took care of today.

We usually look after each other everyday while we run errands, exercise, prepare dinner, clean, fold lots of laundry, play games and read.

But today, we only did a few things, because little Annie was sick.

We tried to teach exercise, but only made it about 20 minutes, before moms in the room (who are much smarter than me) decided it was time for us to go.

Good choice.

We headed home where Annie had medicine, a warm bubble bath, lots of cuddling and a long nap.

I love days like today.

I get so far behind on our regular stuff, but I get to cuddle on the couch without guilt. I get to have the chance to play a very challenging game of Connect Four, and I think Toy Story 3 actually ran twice.

After Annie got up, she brought me her littlest baby, all swaddled by her (which was actually very impressive) and asked me to keep her "safe."

I love the opportunity to keep these beautiful children "safe."

Safe from the world. Safe from danger. Safe from feeling alone. Safe from being sick without someone to watch over them.

I hope that she will feel better soon, but if not, I will take the down time, just the two of us.

1 comment:

Duncan Family said...

Laura! It's been TOO long since we've seen you! Elliana just turned 2 in February, but she did SO awesome! I will E-mail you the information...it's a book my girlfriend bought via E-book. It was AWESOME!!!!!!! How are you guys? How are you feeling?