Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 7~ Spring Break~Hollywood version


Why do I always love sharing how the day ended?
It must have something to do with the slowing down of the day.
The part of the day that is filled with family dinners, quieter conversations, scriptures and prayer, and bedtime stories.
Tonight's night did not possess any of the above, but it did include a late night visit to the Newport Beach temple.
A quiet night.
Patrons exiting and smiling at our family lined up on the top step.
And an absolutely gorgeous temple, all lit up, and beckoning us in.
The ending should just read, "And they all lived happily ever after."
:)
This is how it all began.
A family hike to you guessed it...the Hollywood sign.


The girls just headed up.  No complaining.  No whining.  Just hiking and looking at the beautiful valley that surrounded us.



I loved watching Annie just trudging up that mountain.  Beautiful hair, a very interesting outfit and a smile!


I think Tymber had discovered her dad's baby hair, and was making them both "smile."
It took Easton approximately THREE minutes to locate, catch and share a gecko with his sisters.
Easton is seriously amazing at accomplishing this.
It does not matter if we are in our backyard, a nearby lake, or a hike in Hollywood, this boy finds the animals and loves it!












I L-O-V-E this baby!
Have I ever shared this information on this blog before?
It always bares repeating!
I L-O-V-E her!!
Piggy-back rides were given by generous sisters!

When the terrain became too easy for these Cecils, they began to scale the mountain.
Too crazy!




Success!
It was fun to reach the top.
All in one piece.
Smiles all the way around!











 I know that to the naked-eye this looks like the same shot.

You have to look at the many faces of our little Tymber.

I never want to forget that this sweet baby can change her expression constantly.

I love it.

 See...a little Jack Nicholson in this one?
Above Tymber was doing the "Jack Nicholson," and look below...the John version!


We were taking the pictures below and Brooke and Ellie were no where to be found.

Look where they were...just waiting at the car!  Those two are too fast for their own good!



Next on the agenda...
The Walk of Stars


Sadly, this is one of the only stars my children recognized.

I Facebooked the following, "Is it totally a bad sign if my kids did not know any of the names on the stars, or a really good sign?"

I am thinking...a great sign!
I am guessing that these two must have received theirs during the reign of the movie "Speed," because they were side-by-side! (Of course my children were asking why I would take these pics of people they have never heard of!)
I told them that Sandra Bullock was in, "The Blind Side."
Great movie.
Still...no connection in their minds.




Finally...someone FAMOUS!


Madie on Newport Beach in pitch black, but it kinda came out!


A quick outdoor tour of the Newport Beach Temple.
Trust me...these pictures DO NOT do this beautiful building justice.







To go from the top of the Hollywood sign, to the Walk of Stars, and end here.
On these steps.
It was a perfect example of setting your heart in the things of eternal worth.
I love this little family.
I love that we had a chance to get away from the busyness that fills our lives on a daily basis, and soak up the time.
Soak up the memories.
And end the night, soaking up the dreams of forever.
Someday, before we know it, we will enter those temples doors with each of our children...ready to introduce them to the treasures in heaven...not in a name on a star that is walked on by hundreds of people every.single.day.










Heaven...right here...on earth!
***We missed you A.J.!

1 comment:

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

Happy birthday, Laura! (I'm guessing that your birthday is today, or maybe yesterday or tomorrow, from that last comment you left on my blog.) I've sure loved reading your family blog, and even though I don't know your kids I can tell that they're great and that you have a really strong family. I love it! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and that your kids treat you right! – Heather