Saturday, September 12, 2009

Brooke's Beaming Birthday

It was the "big" birthday in our home.

The year all your choices become officially counted!

Her baptism would come later, but today 7 12 2009 she is eight years old.
The day started with the traditional breakfast in bed!

Madie made it special, and Brooke beamed with excitement sitting in bed!
I thought I would tell you my 8 favorite things about Brooke on this special day.

8. I love the way she greets Annie in the morning. Sometimes it is hard for Brooke to be, let's just say, happy, when she first awakes. But no matter what she is starting the day whining about, when she sees Annie for the first time, she beams! She can't help but love her and smile!

7. I love how she always says "hi" to her friends in every store we are in. They smile when they see her and it is darling.

6. She tumbles EVERYWHERE. I can't say that I love that, but it is who she is right now...the tumbling queen!

5. I love her deep voice! I love how she sounds. Her siblings say she sounds like a goose when she whines and ask her when she is flying South for the winter, but I love it. I think it is this grown-up voice in her sweet little body! Plus, it is another thing that connects her to her mom.

4. I love that her favorite time to read her required reading is after scriptures and prayer have happened and she is supposed to be going to sleep.

3. I love how she always prays for the missionaries. She may be cruising right through a prayer and not giving too much thought, but she will always include a prayer that everyone who is ready to be taught the gospel, will be found.

2. I love how she wants to wear her baptism dress EVERY Sunday. It is a little over the top, but why not! She puts it on and looks like the beautiful girl she was that Baptism day!
1. The thing I love most about Brooke is who she is. She will always take me up on one-on-one time and love every minute of it!

Love you Brooke! Happy 8th Birthday! Love, Mom
Traditional breakfast in bed!

Making the birthday wish! Brooke, Annie and Ellie smiling at Brooke's new earring holder that Madie picked up in CA.

Fun soccer shirt from the family! Nana and Papa's traditional dinner invite and their favorite bag of candy.

A special baptism book from our friend's, the Jensens, in Cali. A fun little birthday project from the girls.

A cute new outfit from Nana and Papa.

Aunt Leslie's traditional Borders gift card! Thanks Aunt Leslie!

A savings bond and peanut M&Ms. What more could a girl want for her birthday?!

No comments: