Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Beach Bums

Look at these cute beach bums!

Before we headed to the open house, we hung out at the local man-made beach.

We didn't care how it got there.

WE LOVED IT!









Caught the kids in action!
Boys jumping off the docks.


Girls splashing in the water.

We had sun, sand, and water.


What more does one need in the summer?

As I sat there with Annie watching them hold their own race across, play in the sand, and bask in the sun I remembered...how much I love the ocean.


This was not the ocean, but I did feel that closeness with my Father above as I watched my children.

It was HOT!

It was FUN!

It was PERFECT!

It is important to mention that Annie wanted nothing to do with her siblings holding her.

She could crawl in the sand herself.

She could spash in the water herself.

She could have her own taste of the sand.


I loved watching her discover and captured the memories with the camera. Forever.


It didn't matter to her that her first trip to the beach, was a man-made one in the middle of a Utah neighborhood.

It is the Promised Land after all!









This is what I spent my time looking at.

My sweetness in the sand.

9 months old.

Sweet as can be.

Curious as her siblings.

Intent on figuring out how to splash the water on her face.

Watching her siblings race across.



Seeing the neighboring kids beach ball.





















































































Perfect way to spend an afternoon. Sand, sun, water, and your future.

2 comments:

Familia Peña said...

Wait a minute, are you still in Utah or are these pictures of when you were here!!!!!!! Call me 801-372-3684


Darci

Laura said...

I'll call you tomorrow, but we are home in Colorado. These were taken at the little neighborhood beach near the new temple when we were there in July. Talk tomorrow! ~Laura