Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy, happy, birthday Cecil girls!!

When I found out I was pregnant with Brooke...

It was a shock!

Not the "We were done, and weren't planning on any more" shock.

The "we have a 7 month old, a three-year old and four-year old" shock.

The "I have no idea how I am going to do this" moment.

Both John and I were in such denial that he didn't even come with me to the doctor.

They wanted to make sure of the actual due date, so they took an ultrasound and there she was.

A little peanut with a heartbeat!

I knew she was coming.

No more denying.

I prayed everyday that I was pregnant with little Brooke that I would be able to care for all these little ones.

My biggest challenge at the time was my little Madie.

Notice I didn't put "sweet" little Madie.

She was in the process of taking the "terrible twos" well into the fours!

I won't go into detail about this trying time in both of our lives', but it was a daily challenge.

Now she is my "right-hand man," so those times are well behind us!

Everyday, as I anticipated Brooke's arrival, the prayer would always be answered the same way...

"Everything will be easier when she gets here."

HOW? I asked EVERYDAY!

But then the miracles came.

First Brooke avoided a 7 11 birth and the forever "slurpee" nickname and arrived on July 12th!

Then we brought her home and Madie just wanted to help...not hinder!

Then we figured out how to enjoy church with TWO babies too young for nursery.

One climbing and walking all over and the other needing to be nursed twice in three hours.

Good times.

The miracles are still happening everyday, we just need to be open to seeing them and quick to be grateful for them.

I love these two girls like they were my own...they are mine...forever!

Happy Birthday Madison Ann and Brooke Elizabeth!



John's tool of choice for lighting candles. Our family has serious issues!

Softball season = Softball themed cake

Each had a turn...and a wish of their very own!

Reese and A.J. thrilled beyond belief!


Spencer keeping with the thrilled theme and Easton giving me a real smile!
Nana and Papa Cecil giving me their best smile in years! Love them!


Madie and Quinn sharing the moment!
Great night...family,cake, and two of my favorite girls!

3 comments:

J. Crew said...

Happy Birthday to those two sweet girls! I guess that means you had a baptism this year too! Fun days!

Anonymous said...

Laura, your family is absolutely beautiful. . . heavenly even. Your husband is awesome beyond belief I'm sure, but I still would have loved you for a sister-in-law;o) I'll just have to love you for an eternal sister. Thanks for your positivity and eternal perspective. Happy Birthday to Two Lucky Girls!!!

kellie said...

Love those girls!! They are so cute. Thanks again for my treat the other day and thanks for being such a great friend!!!