Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

Who would have known how much APRIL FOOLS fun you could have with a $5 basket of play food!!

Well, I certainly had fun today!

A couple of weeks ago my sister mentioned that she had been cleaning the playroom and come across the girls' play food and thought it would be so funny to add a piece to her kids' lunches.

As soon as she said it, I knew APRIL FOOLS DAY would be perfect!

I had so much fun coming up with very cheesy cards to go with each piece!

The best part were the texts, phone calls and smiles that entered my home later in the day!

I loved seeing all of them so happy and joining in the fun. (Although, I don't know if the teenagers were thrilled to share their family APRIL FOOLS with everyone at school!)

To me, I love these kids. I want them to remember that it isn't all about the hard stuff...school tests, varsity practices, times tables, and chores.

There truly is JOY IN THE JOURNEY!

With that being said, don't forget General Conference...possibly my favorite Saturdays and Sundays of the year!!









I didn't actually send one the one above, but I thought the message was funny and very true!
There was no trick played on Annie, SHE was the beneficiary of all the new toys, with a basket to boot!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Awesome! I'll file this away for next year.