Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Nana Cecil


We love Nana Cecil!

She loves us too!

On Monday night, we celebrated her birthday, which is actually April 1st! (It fits her perfectly because she loves to pretend like she is always in training for the Olympic Figure Skating team!)

I thought I would mention a few things that we love about Nana in celebration of her special day.

*Nana always goes all out on our birthdays. If we are scheduled for dinner at her house, she makes it extra special. She cooks our favorite foods, even it is 100 degrees in her kitchen in July, the best food is just waiting for us to devour. She even sets the table with balloons overhead and has some sort of delicious dessert waiting in the wings for later.

*Nana always supports every single one of her grandchildren. Nana and Papa were blessed with two wonderful children. Leslie was the amazing and brilliant first-born, and John was the ever-challenging, but very talented second-born. I am certain that they never dreamt of having seven grandchildren from their restless boy, but alas they do, and they love every single one of them! They come to every game, play, recital, school performance and church happening they can. They drive all over the city supporting these great kids, and we love them for it!

*Nana loves her children. She supports John and Leslie in all of their accomplishments and trials. She remembers them in her prayers and worries about them when they travel. She wants the very best for them and they know it.

*Nana is a wonderful mother-in-law! I know that I have only had one, but I love her. She is always supportive and so loving toward me. She knows that I love her son and that he is number one in my life, and I know that makes her smile when she thinks about it.

*Nana is a creature of habit. She is very organized and always is able to accomplish anything that she puts on her daily to-do list. I love that about her! On days I keep up on my to-do list, I feel like we are "two peas in a pod."

Happy Birthday Nana Cecil!

We love you so much!

The cake is complete with Annie's hand landing right in the "r"!

Annie smiling, ever so slightly, with the festivities set up behind her!
A.J. and Annie hugging, "sooooo tight!"
Ellie, Annie and A.J. are all smiles for the camera. I love Annie's intensity!

Rapunzel, I mean Brooke and Annie, showing off the shoulder carry.
Ellie getting in on the action!

It was a perfect night! Easy food, yummy cake, and a National NCAA tournament playing in the background. (Unless Nana had the remote and was sneaking a peek at Dancing With the Stars!)

No comments: