Friday, April 22, 2011

Hooray for Easter


Annie's face in this picture is how excited I am for Easter this year!

I want to shout from the rooftops that I am going to get Easter right this year.

Earlier this week, A.J. asked me, "If we believe that Christ's atonement and resurrection were the most important events that have ever happened, why don't we talk about it more? Why don't we talk about every detail of His sacrifice for us?"

I immediately answered him that we don't focus on the details of his death, but rather focus on his life and how we can align our lives with his.

He was not satisfied with my answer. Not by a long shot.

So...that really got me thinking. And you know what? He is absolutely right!

I have a very strong testimony of what happened for each of us in that garden the day our Savior began his final journey.

Tears fill my eyes when I really think about his sacrifice for me. I think about the imperfections in my life, the real pain and sadness I have experienced, and the magnitude of multiplying that by every single one of us and it is inconceivable.

But do I share that on such a perfect day? Do I wake each Easter ready to embrace my gratitude for my Savior? Do I embrace every symbol of the season with a teaching moment?

Well this Easter, that will all change!

I have some new fun ideas to incorporate the fun Easter activities of the past. There will be egg dying, creative gifts in colorful baskets and maybe even a fun new maze!

But, it will also include Christ and how significant this day is for each of us!

I can't wait to share the details on Monday!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend full of memories, family and the remembering of our brother, Jesus Christ, who makes every day worth living!

~Laura

No comments: