Monday, February 24, 2014

A "pause" in the moment with A.J. and Addie for Sadie's



There are moments in your life when you are taking a picture and you realize time.

You realize that time is moving along, and as a mother, all you want sometimes, is for that time to pause.

Pause for one more look at this young man who used to be my blonde-haired, blue-eyed kindergartener.

Pause to see what he is becoming in the classroom, on the field, and in life.

Pause to take in the beautiful journey that it has been as his mother.

Saturday, was one of those days.

It was a pre-spring day in Colorado, complete with blue skies and a little chill in the air.

We headed to the location where pictures were being taken, and joined the parents as the kids put smiles on their faces, and arms around their chosen dates.

Addie chose A.J..

The girls looked beautiful, and the boys were gentlemen.

They held their dates a little closer as they froze on the terrace in their spring dresses.

I took multiple pictures of the same pose.

Not wanting to miss one single thing.

I watched him as he smiled ear-to-ear watching as Addie tried to pin on his boutonniere.

I watched as he slid her corsage right onto her delicate wrist.

I loved to see his smile.

His smile that said, "I'm happy."

Every mom wants their children to be happy.

She wants them to make choices that will ensure their happiness, but sometimes there has to be some learning along the way.

The learning is what helps them grow into these incredible people.

I loved as his dad got in a picture with his son that he is so proud of.

I loved as he laughed with friends, and posed picture after picture as the moms, girls, and friends made sure they had captured it all.

A.J., you are amazing!

You are my son, and I couldn't be more proud of you.

You have taken your trials in stride, and become the victor on the other side.

Addie, you are absolutely lovely!

Lovely means that you are not only classy and beautiful, but you are also kind and loving.

It was a beautiful pause.

A pause I will never forget!

























2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok, um, we definitely need to get together when you come down next fall! I would love it! Is A.J. the MCC football player? Handsome young man! That's a pretty big deal to be MCC's quarterback.

Laura said...

He IS!! They moved Spring training for him, so we will be down there the last week in March for the press release and Spring football. I'll FB message you will my cell. Maybe the kids can play at a park and we can catch up!!