Friday, November 7, 2008

Obama's Mistaken Job Identity

On Tuesday night, we were laying in bed watching history be made.

As we were moved to see Obama give his acceptance speech, Ellie began to cry.
We asked her what was wrong, and she said, "I wanted the other guy."
We asked if she meant John McCain, and she repeated, "No, the OTHER guy."
We couldn't figure out who she meant, then she said, "I love President Monson!"
"Oh Ellie, so do we! President Monson is our Prophet and President of our church. He was chosen by Heavenly Father, not misinformed voters."
Now that, is what I call, "a teaching opportunity!!"

3 comments:

Tamara said...

That's so sweet!

Adrienne said...

Yeah Ellie! I wanted the other guy too! TGOPAPBMV! (Thank goodness our prophets aren't picked by misinformed voters)

Miss Pete said...

I love it! I agree. I want the OTHER guy.