Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Look who got caught with her fingers in the…

PISTACHIO BAG!

John loves pistachios!

They aren’t the most inexpensive treat, but he really loves them.

So, Christmas morning, I had carefully wrapped the biggest bag of pistachios I could find!

He opened them and told the kids, “These are mine.  Hands off.”

The man isn’t selfish.  He shares everything he has.  He is one of those men that would literally give the shirt off his back to someone.  He once gave away our own dining room table when my brother graduated from medical school, because Stephen expressed that they had no “real” furniture for the home they had just purchased.

But these were his pistachios.

One of only a few gifts just for him. (Even though I am sure that the game he got the boys will play, the socks will probably be taken by A.J. and the new pillowcases he shares with me.)

So, this morning we were laying in bed listening to some tunes John had loaded, and this is what I saw when I looked over in the direction of the fireplace.

DSC_0001 DSC_0003 Brooke’s hand in the pistachio bag!

DSC_0002  DSC_0004

But, just like her father, she wasn’t just taking them for herself, she brought handfuls back to these other guilty sisters!

DSC_0005 DSC_0006

Lovely faces Ellie Jane!

  DSC_0010

I better see what they are up to next!

No comments: