Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No Place Like Home for the Holidays

As the song says,

“Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
'Cause no matter how far away your roam
If you long for the sunshine and a friendly gaze
For the holidays, you can't beat home sweet home.”

I believe this.

Not just because I live near family, but because I have lived away.

I remember being away at school as a freshman in college and longing for home when I started to see the Christmas decorations go up all over campus.

Well, today my children roamed.  Not outside or down the street, but down to the basement.

This is what I found when I went looking for children that were way too quiet.

Yes, every piece of furniture (that they could actually move,) every sheet and blanket in the home not in use, and every amenity they could haul was in their little paradise.

It was heaven.  I wanted to move in! 

And I was met with “sunshine and a friendly gaze!”

May each of you enjoy being home for the holidays.  Just think…PJs all day, mom’s cooking, football on the main television, Christmas music in the background, goodies everywhere and family!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!
DSC_0010  DSC_0009

No comments: