Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanks*giv*ing 2009

DSC_0444 DSC_0437 DSC_0484 DSC_0470

 DSC_0519 DSC_0704

Thanks*giv*ing: n. An act of giving thanks; an expression of gratitude, esp. to God

What a perfect definition!

An expression of gratitude, especially to God…that is what I wanted to do today.

I am, and will forever be, grateful for the life that I enjoy. 

The lives’ around me that bless my life everyday are the same ones that bring some of the greatest challenges.

This morning Easton was fighting doing his reading and chores, Annie just dropped an actual plant on the ground (one that unfortunately had just been watered, hence quite the mess) and Brooke can’t seem to find her coat!

Fun times indeed!

The fact is, gratitude is a virtue.  To show gratitude is divine.

I am grateful to have chores to check, a mess to clean and a coat to find, because each one of those things represents a little person who makes my life better.

I am also grateful to be here to do those things.  Right here, right now.  I am grateful to make that to do list each day with what may seem, mundane things, but they are things that make my family’s lives better.

I am grateful for my health.  I am not interested in donning my running shoes and getting in five miles today in this fun weather, but I am grateful that I could if needed.  I love the freedom that running allows me.  The freedom of thought, the freedom of noise, and the freedom of fresh air.  Silly things to some, but not for me.  The way I feel when I return brings a sense of true balance to my life.

I am grateful for everything that I have.  Not just the physical things that I can touch, but the spiritual things as well.  What a blessing to have studied those things of God and found out for myself that which is true.  That too, may sound trivial to some, but not me.  I know who I am.

I am thankful for the divinity in all of those.  The sense of belonging to something bigger. 

I am grateful for all of this, and so much more, but for now, I know there is a kindergartner to be fed, a baby to dress and I am positive there is some laundry.

Remember those things of greatest importance, and give thanks for them.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Amen to that!

J. Crew said...

they are all so beautiful and grown up! miss you!