Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Come on in…

DSC_0019

Fall is here, so come on in!

I love this time of year!  I think that I shared how I feel about Fall last year, but it is even stronger this year.

I have all this time…”real” time with my family.

Not that it isn’t filled with volleyball and football games, birthday parties and sacrament programs, homework and laundry and everything else…it is just different this year.

I think it is because I know of my family’s sacrifice to support me in my calling last year.

I can feel the difference.

I want to show them that they are first and foremost in my mind.

I want to make cookies everyday.

I want to burn my wassail candle everyday.

I want apple cider brewing on the stove everyday.

I know that this is a perfect time for me to organize, and document, and file and deep clean, and drop a few pounds, but I want to

go pumpkin picking, make applesauce, and think about what meal to make my family for dinner before the sun comes up!

CRAZY!

Hopefully, I will be able to make this the best year ever!

If you are in need of a holiday jumpstart…the door is OPEN!

Let’s go make memories and we’ll get a walk in too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of you and your family often. You all look great. What a sweet angel baby you have. Love the pictures.

Your Friend,
Barbara Ziegler

Jenn and Scott said...

where do you find the time? Looks beautiful. Have a wonderful Halloween. Love and miss you guys.

Carrie said...

Well your door certainly looks inviting! I have no doubt that you make every year the very best year.

Adrienne said...

Can I get "one Laura and a side of Laura to go with it!" This is one of many reasons why I love you. Seems like a fairytale looking at your front door, mine is still all boxed up in the basement. I'm inspired now though. Hope your holidays are fabulous and soon a day on my calendar won't be feeled with tedious yet necessary things and I'll jet down to Parker and through that front door! Love ya.