Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Secret admirer

I have been thinking about a friend of mine since last night when I saw her.

I have been thinking about her a lot.

She made a sweet comment about a fun post  I had written, and expressed how she had enjoyed it.

I thought about her again.

I thought to myself, “I wish it could be totally natural and easy to express to her right here in the middle of this pack meeting, with Halloween games going on all around, guessing games on the table beside us and lots of yummy holiday treats lined up on the stage, just how much I admire her.”

I admire how patient she is.

Not just with the eight beautiful children she shares her life with, but with all of us around her.

She quietly sits there, I’m sure knowing the answer to almost every question presented around her, but waiting for someone to answer first, but alas we turn to her to know.

Did I mention she is brilliant?

She is.

A math teacher by trade, a mother by choice.

I admire who she is as a person.

She is the kind of person who is always on time.  Not to be perfect.  To be polite.  To show you that she respects the people who are holding the activity, doing the visiting or teaching the lesson.

She is the kind of person who never shows her displeasure of what has been said.  She will give her opinion, but never to the destruction of someone else’s idea.

She is the kind of person that everyone trusts. 

She is reliable and kind.

She is knowledgeable and generous.

Generous with her time, talents and love.

When I think of her, I think of how our Heavenly Father must love the way she lives her life.

Always thinking of others.  Always learning more.  Always trying hard.

She doesn’t boast of her days’ activities, no doubt watching others’ children, caring for her family, making a difference in her children’s schools  and living a noble life.

Yes, a noble life.

I am one of your secret admirers.  But you have many more.  Many, many more.

Know that your kindness, forgiveness and love is felt by all who know you.

You are more brilliant, more kind and even more beautiful than you will ever know in this life.

But when you are greeted  by our elder brother, he no doubt will look at you, and tell you that these words are completely insufficient for the way he feels about your turn on earth.

From one of those that are blessed to call you sister, thank you.

Thank you for being who you are!

No comments: