Monday, October 26, 2009

My friend, the dishwasher

 DSC_0001

Seriously speaking, can an appliance be a “friend?”

I think that for all you mothers out there who make a sink full of dishes just by making a meal, you would have to agree.

I am grateful to live in a time when we have so many things that truly give us time with our families.

I am looking at my life with a “half-full” view.

Loads, and I mean A LOT of loads of laundry, greet me each Monday morning, but I am grateful that I have laundry appliances to tag team the need to clean.

Sunday dishes meet me on Monday morning, when we are aiming for an early bedtime on Sunday to start the week right, but I am grateful for the dishwasher that allows me to load and walk away. (I will add that the child with the kitchen chore for the week, HATES the double, and sometimes, triple unloading chore that occurs on Monday)

Our fruit bowl gets eaten almost as fast as I can load it, but I am grateful for a wonderful store nearby with fresh fruit at very inexpensive prices.

The cool 22 degrees that met me this morning as I was taking children to the bus stop, did not greet me while sleeping , thanks to a reliable furnace.

I can read to my children, as we snuggle in bed, by a light located very nearby.

I also know that throughout all generations of time, with and without these luxuries, families have embraced what they did have, and made it work.

Hopefully, I will be able to take advantage of the time I have been given, and work a little harder to make those lives’ around me better and brighter!

I’d better go load the dishwasher from dinner, the washer from sports practice…

*Note: I was trying to help out the child on kitchen duty by unloading one load in the middle of the day, and this is what greeted me when I turned around from the silverware tray…little miss annie…I am definitely going to keep this smiling photo for the first week her name is added to the chore chart and she has kitchen duty!

3 comments:

Paige said...

They can be so sneaky...and FAST!

Carrie said...

Cute picture! And a great reminder about looking at things half full....we do have great lives with loads of conveniences.

Heidi said...

Thank you for this post, since we have moved I have been trying to be more grateful and thankful for all the wonderful blessings we enjoy. It's easy to overlook the modern conveniences and to take advantage of the work they spare us! So much more free time that I wouldn't have otherwise!
That picture of little Annie is just so adorable, I could eat her up!! What a darling baby girl you have!!