Monday, January 24, 2011

Motivation Monday


















Don't you want to just sit back on the porch tonight and chat with a friend?

Well, today is Monday, and in order to feel good relaxing with a friend tomorrow, I better get motivated!

If you lack the motivation to get everything in order for the week, try my simple plan.

I am going to do all four as soon as I post.

Just four things. Four things that can jump start everything else. These four things, (if done right) can help you be successful any day when you get overwhelmed. It is the four things that my kids do to start their rooms. It is the same four things I do to get myself back on track.

Here they are:

1. Collect all trash (Look everywhere! Don't forget the car, the paper pile, and the refrigerator!)

2. Collect all dishes (Again, look everywhere! Water glasses from bedtime, by the kids' t.v., and maybe even outside on the deck.)

3. Collect all laundry (I have laundry days for family members, but Monday is a perfect day to throw in those extra sheets, the "weekend" pile, and maybe the family blankets in the t.v. areas.)

4. Collect all paper (This doesn't mean you have to go through everything, just collect it all. Mail from the cars and garage, check backpacks and church bags, and anywhere else you may stash your paper loot.)

THAT IS IT! CRAZY HUH? Well, after you have collected all trash and put in cans, collected all laundry and started the piles, loaded and started the dishwasher, and made your stack of paper in one holding place...LOOK AROUND!

What else is there? Not much! Maybe some misc. toys or shoes. Take 20 minutes on the kitchen timer to go around and pick up anything else and you have a GREAT start to your week!

I NEED A GREAT START...SO I AM OFF!

Have a great week!!

~Laura

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Nice work friend. Your making me tired just reading about it :)