Saturday, January 15, 2011

We are ALIVE!!
















I have missed this!

I have missed recording our family's life in pictures and memories.

I have the pictures and hopefully, will turn them into wonderful recorded memories of our back to school, Fall, holidays and everything in between.

We have BIG news...

We are expecting a little one in July. Even now as I type, I am tearing up thinking about having this baby join our crew. It has seemed like a long time coming.

The month I decided that Annie was a perfect way to end our baby experience, we found out Heavenly Father had another sweet one ready to come our way.

People have asked me if I am nervous to have another baby. I was thinking about that. The fact is, I am not nervous at all about this little one. It is the other things in my life I am nervous about.

The things that I am nervous about are our 15 year old being ready to serve a mission, succeed in school, and pick the right girl in the next 6 years or so. ( I am very aware that SIX years is a long way off, but there is so much I want him to know, habits I want him to continue that will bring him such joy in the future, and making the decisions that will keep his testimony strong.)

I think about our 13 year old who is amazing, but not connected to many. She so desperately wants to make connections, but there are so few that are like her. I want her to see the benefits of surrounding herself with people who are different from her that have so much to offer, and for those same people to realize the same about her. Last night, she pulled out her sewing machine and went to work. She is not afraid of anything, and is so talented. I love her.

I pray that our 10 year old will continue to be this great kid that everyone loves at school. He is working so hard to makeup for lost time in reading and I love it! I want him to feel confident and loved at church like he does at school. (Weird huh? Isn't it usually the other way around?) Well, hopefully, this will be the year to feel safe and loved in BOTH places!

For the little girls...I just want them to stay happy! I love the way that they wake up and love life. I love how Brooke is always trying something new with her hair. I love how the bus driver just told me yesterday, "I am going to steal your Ellie someday." (ok, I didn't really "love" that, but I understood that she adores Ellie as I do. Let's just hope that NEVER happens! I did say a quick prayer on the way to exercise class that it was just a phrase she uses when she likes someone!) And Annie...I just pray that she will continue to be everyone in this house's favorite person on earth!

For John, I pray that he knows how much I love him. Not just the words, but the way I support him in every aspect of his life. I pray that as he works so hard to provide for our family and as he leads us as a father and husband that he doesn't get burned out. I want to see him smile again. I want him to have opportunities to serve the Lord where he can grow and become who I know he already is!

You see...a new little one is growing. Hopefully, strong and safe. But I am not at all nervous to welcome them into this amazing masterpiece in the making that I call "my family."

Happy 2011 to everyone! I have missed all of you so much! To happy reading, sharing and recording!!

~Laura

3 comments:

deeder6 said...

I am so excited for you and your family! I know how you feel about your worries and concerns for your family! I have a lot of the same feelings about my family! We need to catch up! I always love talking to you and sharing joys and concerns! i will try and call you soon! Congratulations on the new little one.

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness Laura!!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are an inspiration and completely amazing! I wonder somedays how I am going to make it through the day with just my two, and here you are with another sweet baby on the way AND teenagers AND young children. I am so happy you are back in the blogging world, I've missed feeling connected to you! Best of luck with this pregnancy.

Dantzel said...

Oh, wow! Congratulations! I know it's been a couple years now since we were there, but I think about you and your amazing example to me many times...and you continue to be an amazing example. Congratulations again!