Friday, January 21, 2011

The Patient Athlete


























**First off: I realize the pictures are not big and beautiful. I need my friend Kara to come over here and work her magic! Maybe next week!

ELLIE'S BASKETBALL!!

I love Ellie!

She is #5 in the birth order of our family and is very patient.

She has been attending games and practices since her birth. She knows now to pack a snack and something to do, because you never know how long a game or practice can last. Or more importantly, how many of those games and practices are in a row.

She has been a trooper!

Every season she asks, "Can I get signed up to play ______?"

And every year I find myself saying, "Maybe next season honey."

The thought of having 5 athletes at the same time has crippled me in fear for years, but the time has come.

And may I just say, it was worth the wait. She is the cutest little natural athlete of the bunch. She is great at defense, which is not surprising. She is also great at passing and sharing in the fun! Also, not surprising. Not a bad shot either.

Ellie, someday you will read this about your first experience with a team sport. Know that, even though I made you wait so long, I love watching you and cheering you on.

You make me smile! Thank you for being my sweet "traveling" baby to all of your siblings' events, my partner in Relief Society visits and my little prayer giver at home.

I love you Ellie Jane!

Go Parker Rec 8u!!

~Mom

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

She is so cute! Love that girl.