Sunday, February 6, 2011

Priceless Friends...Big Shoes to Fill























This week has been such that every day I have been reminded of just how blessed I am to have amazing friends.

My mother has often told me that I have always been blessed to be surrounded by wonderful friends.

She said that when I wrote home from college. She felt the same way when I brought our first baby home. She repeated that same comment when she would visit me in California.

And now, she feels like I have the opportunity to live near her, but still be surrounded by amazing friends.

I agree.

These friends are not just amazing in the ways the world would look at them, but they are particularly extraordinary in Heavenly Father's eyes.

They have testimonies that touch everyone around them. They are kind in their delivery of much needed advice. They are willing to literally mourn with you, and buoy you up in a moments notice. They worry about you, and love you. They are the kind that you walk away from just wanting to be a better mother and wife.

Each of these close friends have blessed me so much. This week in particular, I have felt their love. I have felt their love through phone calls, visits, comments, and even "threads." The really great ones were holding their breath, just like me, as I went to an ultrasound to check on the baby. These are the same ones who knew that this would be the ultrasound to see if this baby would make it here to stay.

One friend called to see how I was and just listened, and listened, and listened. She had a little moment of her own to discuss, but she just listened anyway. She is always there though not in person.

Another friend was there. Just there. She knew that I might really need her this week, so she was just available, and let me know.

Another occasion, I was surrounded by friends who are just smart and funny. They are also extraordinary mothers who are willing to share the successes and the mishaps. They are wise and kind. A wonderful combination!

Then there were the friends that were far away, but upon hearing the good news that our family received about our newest little one, commented with excitement or maybe just a "thumbs up- like!"

I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for the blessings in my life. And this week...all of those friends. The ones whose shoes I could never fill, but that bless my life as I try to emulate all they represent.

Thank you to every one of you! I love you!

~Laura

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

In order to have good friends you have to be a good friend and that you are my dear! Love you!
Adrienne

deeder6 said...

Laura,

I love you and wish I could be there for you for all that you need a friend for! Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you! My prayers are with you!

Kristina Tolman said...

What a great post, Laura. :) You are loved by so many and are surrounded by such good people because you draw them to you. I am so happy for you!