Saturday, January 2, 2010

Night before nursery

I am sitting here the night before my new calling in the nursery.

I love the nursery!

Not just because there are snacks and adorable children, but because I truly believe it is one of the sweetest and hardest places to serve in the church.

I have the door chart ready, the sippy cups with the children’s names on them, and the lesson prepared.

I know their names and their families.

I love their moms, how can I not just love them too?

I just wanted to share how full my heart is right now.

I can’t wait to meet them at the door with a smile, show them their own personal cup, have them sit on the homemade quilt and listen to a lesson that sat on the desk of the Prophet as he prayed about whether that was right for the little ones.

Tomorrow, I will add their cute pictures, with permission from their parents, so you can fall in love with them too.

But tonight, I will get some shut-eye, so when we are in the final wrap-up stages tomorrow, when patience is running thin, and little ones are hungry for lunch and needing a nap, I will have the energy to be sweet.   Oh…so sweet!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Your in nursery!! I'm totally jealous. One of my favorite callings--for real.

kellie said...

Nursery is awesome!! It's been hard for me with just having to do the YW sports. I am tempted to volunteer for Senior Primary, that is my very favorite spot. It's nice to have a spot, you know.

Congratulations!!