Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful…

Ok, maybe not frightful, but definitely COLD!

When I took the junior high kiddos to the bus stop this morning it was 5 below zero.  CRAZY!

We live in Denver where it is supposed to snow occasionally, be sunny 355 days a year, and not be so cold for so long!

Since it was, we played inside.

I do have to admit that the children did take daredevil trips sledding and snowboarding down the hill several times, but the little girls and I had a little adventure inside the house.

We have pictures to prove it.

You know when you come to the end of a play date, that is well into the afternoon and you have two very tired little five year old girls, things start to need a bit of mom help.

So, today Ellie and Emma decided to dress me up.

They put together outfits that they were very proud of.  They didn’t flatter my figure, or accentuate my lovely hairdo, but they did bring out plenty of smiles and giggles.

Please don’t copy and paste these pictures.  They are copyrighted by Emma & Ellie Photography.

DSC_0051 DSC_0034 DSC_0026 DSC_0013 DSC_0014 DSC_0017

As you can see, there is joy is playing dress-up!  And plenty of smiles from the older girls as well.

DSC_0053 DSC_0056 DSC_0058 DSC_0062 DSC_0066 DSC_0065 DSC_0010 DSC_0002 DSC_0004 DSC_0006 DSC_0009 DSC_0007 DSC_0008 DSC_0059 DSC_0060 DSC_0064 DSC_0067 DSC_0068

Cute kids, sledding, snowboarding, snacks and smiles!  Guess that old “Mr. Winter” didn’t get the best of us!

1 comment:

deeder6 said...

Don't you wish you could really freeze those moments sometimes? It's wonderful playing with kids! I want to play dressup with my girls again. I guess I still get to but it's dressing them up to go to their first dance (Jordyn) and that's all together a different kind of dress up. Still good but different. I love these pictures!