Saturday, September 10, 2011

On our way...

***I must start this post by apologizing for not posting, but our lives have been VERY full lately (as you will see will the onslaught of posts for the next few weeks), but I am re-committed to carving out time each day so we don't miss a moment of this family's life.

I have found that the "big things" that happen are remembered, but it is the "little things" that happen day after day, or in a special moment that get foggy as life goes on, but are some of the things I love most when I read back. Like how I felt late one night we were unemployed, or how I felt when I saw certain friends, or funny things the kids were saying or doing.

I don't want to miss life...but I don't want to forget either. So, look forward to a post a day for awhile. Read or don't read, but I will be grateful it is recorded. Do something for yourself today and write in your journal, or posts a few pictures, you won't regret it!

On to...
These are some pictures of Tymber and I's trip to Utah for my friend Jennifer's sweet funeral.

It was a couple of days of FIRSTS for Tymber, so I wanted to catch it.

We boarded the plane about midday and headed West. Tymber was an angel on the flight, which was a stark contrast to my last flight with a little one. (Annie was a nightmare on a flight home from my high school reunion the summer before!)

She nursed, smiled at the kind woman next to us, and then fell right to sleep as soon as I swaddled her tight.

I have found that plane rides can be as varied as the places that we go.

On our flight to Hawaii this Spring, we had a middle seat with another couple that had an empty seat between us. The woman and I just cuddled right up to our husbands, put in our headphones to listen to the in-flight movie, and fell off to dreamland.

Naturally, coming home from Hawaii, I expected the same dreamy situation.

Not so much.

We were side-by-side, but not in the same set-up.

We were seated on the side where there were only two seats. No extra seat for the "extra" person I was almost 7 months pregnant with. No appropriate movie to enjoy. Nothing but extreme discomfort.

I am so grateful that little Tymber must have known that our last flight was not one to repeat. She definitely was sweeter in my arms, than in my ribs! :)

May your upcoming flights be filled with non-crying babies, sweet flight attendants, and warm cookies! (thank you Frontier)



**Not such a great photo of me, I know. It was a long night before and it is the only one with me to show how little sweet Tymber was!

No comments: