Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Michele

My Michele is a sweetheart!

I just wanted to take a minute and tell you about this special woman. (Hopefully, she won't die of embarrassment from this post, but it must be recorded.)

She is amazing!

It all started back in 1990 when I was blessed enough to have her come into my life.

I was a freshman at BYU, far from home, exploring the land of "no mother around."

But that lasted about 12 hours, before I met "Mom Michele" down the hall.

Michele is a caretaker by nature.

She is responsible, caring, smart, and very nurturing.

Ironically, we ended up in the same Family Home Evening group and she was rightfully made the "mother" of the family.

She made sure we were where we were supposed to be. On time. With smiles!

She was gracious and kind.

She did all the planning and worrying, just like our moms at home.

She was financially responsible!

Once, when we were sophomores, living off-campus and desperately wanting a t.v., she made a plan.

She would purchase the television, we would each pay our part, and at the end of the year we would draw names to see who would be the proud owner of our t.v., thus escaping the "trap" of renting a television only to return it to the store later. It would save us money AND someone would actually own it in the Spring!

Brilliant!

Michele, loved her parents! She spoke of them often and was very respectful about the fact that she was privileged to be attending college and not having to work, but concentrating on school. That fact was not lost on me.

All of these qualities made her the perfect person to be by our friend Jen's side until the very end. I know that Jen had many friends and family members that contributed to her care over the years and the final days, but Michele was special.

She was always special.

She would be the worrier, the caretaker, the listener, and the friend that Jen would have right here and into the eternities.

Michele, I know that Jen was blessed to have you here in this life, and she is waiting for you in the next.

I am grateful to call you a dear friend as well.

Love you Michele!

1 comment:

michele said...

Thank you...I love you! Words cannot express how grateful I was to have you with me during one of the hardest times in my life. You are a treasured friend!!