Monday, September 12, 2011

Temple beauty

Temples are beautiful.

They can be described in so many different ways, but beautiful is what I saw as I drove up and down Utah's I-15 weeks ago.

The spacious mountains were beautifully dotted with exquisite temples.

Each designed by a team who probably prayed, fasted and studied as they were given the privilege of being part of something that would last forever, and be the place where eternity was granted to those waiting on the other side and where covenant making people could go and receive those blessings that accompanied those sacred promises.

I have so many memories in many different temples.

I remember, as vivid in my mind as yesterday, walking in the room and seeing my parents, dressed in white, waiting with tear-stained eyes, to be sealed to their little ones.

I remember being privileged to carry in the little babies as they were bonded forever with parents and families who were unable to bear the children themselves, but were blessed to be sealed as a family forever.

I remember John's face as he lovingly reached across that sacred altar and wiped away the tears that were streaming down my face.

I remember watching as a dear friend, (OK, one of my young women many years my junior) as she smiled at her sweetheart, as I sat next to five of his sisters watching as their baby brother was sealed to his love forever.

I remember wanting to fly home and fly all of my girls back and have them witness the blessings of purity and righteousness.

I remember so many different times, being with the ones I love, and being a part of their eternal plan.

The beauty is in the plan.

I love that plan.






No comments: